The team at Advanced Tear Diagnostics is proud to have pioneered the development of a point of care lab system specifically designed for Optometrists and Ophthalmologists. It was the first to receive FDA approval for the diagnostic testing of tears.
Clinical Benefits of ATD’s Diagnostic Tests by Patient Type
|Patient Type||Benefits||More Information|
|Dry Eye or Allergy Complaint||Determines underlying cause||See diagnostic test
|Contact Lens User||Manage and retain patients|
|LASIK, PRK, Prem Channel IOL
& Other Ocular Surgery
Key Practice Benefits of ATD’s Diagnostic Tests
|Average gross margin is
$38 / patient1
|See profitability table|
|Accurate||High sensitivity & specificity %||See data sheets: Lf IgE|
|Efficient||Produces chart, lab report
and/or links to EMR2
|See sample report|
|Reimbursable||CMS & private insurance||CPT codes:
Lf – 83520, IgE – 82785
|Low Cost||Break-even is typically less than 3 months||Contact ATD|
1) Based on national reimbursement averages
2) Bluetooth/USB connectivity to printers; EMR link requires code from EMR provider
Additional benefits of adopting of ATD’s TearScanTM diagnostic system:
- Increases available physician time, as tests are technician driven.
- Allows for the grading of disease severity.
- Enhances the ability to assess treatment efficacy.
- Improves patient flow efficiencies.
- Comes in a compact, simple and affordable lab testing platform.
These tests are currently being used to improve patient care in the areas of dry eye, ocular immunology, ocular allergy and ocular surgery including LASIK.